The Government has additional funds to help children from lower income families fulfil their potential. This funding is called the “Pupil Premium”. It means for every child at Kempston Challenger Academy who is registered for free school meals the college will get £935.
With the additional funding the school will be able to support activities such as:
- Teaching assistants
- Alternative curriculum provision
- Staff mentoring
- Revision materials
- Provision of off-site super learning days prior to key examinations
If you are registered for free school meals you could also get help with school trips and the cost of school uniform. Therefore, we would encourage all eligible families to register as soon as possible.
Do you qualify?
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and have annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
- Check if you qualify.
- Register by completing a Free School Meals form which is available from the School reception or via our website.
- If you need help in completing the form please ask a member of staff at School reception.
- Your child does not have to take up the free school meals even if they are registered but the school will still get the £935.
- Registration for the free school meals does not affect any other benefits that you might be claiming.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Heads of Learning.
Click here for Application Form.
FSM – PP Letter to parents Sept 2017