Student Voice at KCA
Every student at KCA has a voice and a right to have a say in how their learning happens. There are several ways this occurs:
- Students vote on a regular basis for student voice representatives to attend the whole school council
- Students can offer written feedback to staff on all aspects of school life via their Google accounts
- Students can apply to become prefects and contribute to the wider aspect of the school. Currently there are 23 prefects undertaking a variety of activities included interviewing new staff, inducting new students, giving tours to prospective parents, attending parents’ evenings and running assemblies.
Your student council has achieved:
- A Snack Shack next to P Block.
- Organised a non-uniform day on behalf of the British Lung Foundation
- Met with representatives of CMAT on their views on the future of the school
- Interviewed 20 new members of staff
- Are attending a Bedford Borough wide conference on Student Voice.
- Year 11 student surveys on Sixth Form choices
- Consider the role that SV in shaping the quality of learning
- Student lesson observations
- Student views on the curriculum
- The possibility of having a budget to spend on student issues.
All students will complete the PASS survey in November (Pupil Attitudes to School and Self.)